Recipe for Disaster
- Open your Dashboard in two browser windows (or tabs).
- Pick one of them, click on Write > Write Post and start writing your post. Put some random character in Title (e.g. “osf/”), as if you mistakenly pasted some characters there.
- Go back to the other window, pretend you don’t remember your post Title in the other window (or that you had that other window open) and you’ll see this weird draft post osf/). Huh? Delete that garbage. You can close this window (or tab) now.
- Now continue editing your post in the other, surviving window. Your draft will be auto-saved regularly. You can also change your post Title from osf/ to Something Smart.
- When you’re done with writing, hit Save. Congratulations – Page Saved, says WordPress!
I’ve got some bad news for you, dude – your post is gone! And no, going Back in your browser won’t help you.
Yeah, I know I deleted my own post, but why the heck is my Write Post page lying to me that my page has been saved?